This site is devoted to all who are curious about mushrooms and the fungi kingdom. Foraging, edible mushroom species, weird and wacky fungi, and the complexities of species and genus designation, you’ll find it all here. Welcome~!
Top Mushroom Foraging Guides
This is the best place to start your journey into the mushroom world. All of these mushrooms are widespread across North America; you just need to know where to look and when to start looking for them!
- Chasing the Chicken of the Woods (Facts, Identification, and Recipes)
- The 18 Morel Mushroom Species of the United States
- Lion’s Mane Mushroom: Identification, Foraging, and Recipes
- Oyster Mushroom: Identification, Foraging, and Cooking
- Chanterelle Mushrooms: Identification, Foraging, and Look-Alikes
- Lobster Mushrooms: Foraging, Harvesting, and Cooking Guide
- Giant Puffball Mushrooms: Identification, Foraging, and Recipes
- Black Trumpet Mushrooms: Identification and Foraging Guide
Getting Started: How To Identify Mushrooms
All great things take time! Learn the basics of mushroom identification so you can forage confidently. Anyone can learn these techniques, all it takes is a little time and dedication to the process.
See more mushroom identification techniques →
Edible Mushroom Species
Learn about all the edible mushroom species, including how to identify them, what to look for when foraging, lookalikes, and how to prepare your forest finds.
See more edible mushrooms →
Wild Mushroom Species
Identification guides for all mushrooms, edible and non-edible.
See more wild mushroom species →